Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

IT'S A KENYAN THING!


It's not a Luo thing,
That I'm full of me,
And esteem myself this highly!

It's not a Kikuyu thing,
That I see & take every opportunity,
To have more & improve me!

It's not a Kalenjin thing,
That I'm a lean, mean,
Racing machine!

It's not a Maasai thing,
That I'm this iconic,
And seem to tower over everyone else!

It's not a Luhya thing,
That I never tire to say hi,
And always seem to invite you over for tea!

It's not a Kamba thing,
That I'm this full of life,
And full of colour!

It's not a Mijikenda-down-at-the-Coast thing,
That I never seem to be in a hurry,
And always seem to be cool, calm and collected!

It's not a ‘Them’ or ‘Us’ thing,
Nor is it an ‘Our’ or ‘Their’ thing!

I am all these things and more
Because ….

It's a Kenyan thing!!

Courtesy of WordTracer


2 comments: